BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 15, 2010

The More Things Change...



...The More They Stay The Same...

This past week has been a roller coaster of emotions. As I have blogged many times before, it was finals week. That was tough in itself, but it is now over and I'm done with South Plains College.

In the midst of the fun and happiness, there was also some sadness too. A cousin of mine passed away on Wednesday. He had been in the hospital for a little over the month with pneumonia. When he was younger he was a miracle baby. He was born with heart problems and overcame that. He was 32 with a three year old son. The funeral was Friday, the day of graduation so as I said, lots of roller coaster emotions going on that day.

Friday evening we had a graduation party with my parents, my sister and her boyfriend's family. It was very nice and I am blessed to have such great people in my life. :) Barbecue and cake -- you know I'm gonna love that! :)

When I got home I passed out and slept extremely late. I could have slept longer but I forced myself to get up. This weekend is just going to be a time to relax and catch up on rest. Still, for some reason, two days off just doesn't seem like enough time to recover from 5 days of chaos!

Everyone have a great Sunday!

5 comments:

Jemi Fraser said...

Congratulations on graduating! It's a big step :)

So sorry to hear about your cousin. So sad. What an incredibly difficult time for his family. Take care of each other.

Amber at The Musings of ALMYBNENR said...

What a bittersweet graduation. I'm so sorry for your loss. You, your family, and especially your cousin's three-year-old will be in my thoughts.

Talli Roland said...

Congratulations on your graduation. What a great accomplishment for you!

I'm really sorry to hear about your cousin. Thinking of you and your family.

ModernDayDrifter said...

Thank you for the congrats. I really appreciate the comments!

Nishant said...

So sorry to hear about your cousin. So sad. What an incredibly difficult time for his family. Take care of each other.
Adsense Alternative