BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I Hear That Voice In My Head....

...Say Here We Go Again!

Never a dull moment. NEVER! I just want one week where something doesn't happen. NOTHING. I just want to go to work and come home and have some IDLE afternoons. Is that too much to ask for? I guess in reality, if that happened, I would be extremely bored and be complaining about that. Just like a human, we're never satisfied.

Until yesterday, I was without internet since Friday. You have no idea how much your life changes when your modem dies on you. Especially when the internet people give you the runaround and talk down to you like you're some moron who doesn't know anything. "It's an area wide crash." Sure it is, when my aunt across the street is sending me facebook updates at that very second on my phone. SURE!!!

I got it fixed yesterday. It was my modem. Thankfully the service guy was very friendly and prompt, which was very good. Minutes before he arrived I got a call from my dad saying my mom was in the hospital. I was in a rush to get to Brownfield to see her and honestly, didn’t want to wait around. The bad part of it all was, I had been waiting since Friday to get a guy out here and this would probably be my last chance for another week. Not good for a college kid who has some internet classes. So like I said, good thing he was prompt.

I went to Brownfield yesterday evening and stayed with my mom in the hospital. Her blood pressure was out of control, as well as her heart rate so the doctor wanted to admit her and run tests. She got discharged this morning, thank the LORD! They put her on a new medication to help. Thanks to everyone who sent out prayers, it’s greatly appreciated.

I was supposed to have a final today at 11:00. I studied all night while in the hospital. Got the info down pat. Showed up for the test and the instructor DIDN’T! It got canceled ‘til next Tuesday during the original finals date. I was LIVID! So livid that I skipped the other class, (who has the same professor). I figured they wouldn’t show for that one either, and didn’t wanna wait 2 hours just to sign in on the roll sheet and go home. I had a mom at home who could’ve used my help moreso, so I trekked back to her house.

I cleaned the house for her and let her sleep. She’s feeling better and is able to go back to work tomorrow. I’m thankful everything turned out okay. God is great.

….I think He gives me a busy life because that’s the type of person I am. I can’t just sit around – I go crazy. As I said, never a dull moment!

I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead of you!

7 comments:

Jemi Fraser said...

I'm so glad your mom has been released and is doing well! Scary stuff.

My internet connection went out for all of yesterday - and that was bad enough! Glad you're back online :)

unnamed lad said...

happy to hear the good news concerning your mom! God is good...!!! ...hear you on the internet problems. hopefully it's past tense for both of us.you've really been s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d the past few days. you really blessed your mom by cleaning the house for her. i hope and pray that the Lord will bless you this week with a couple of days pure bliss! th

Amber at The Musings of ALMYBNENR said...

I'm glad your mother is doing well! What a hectic few days!

It IS a bummer that your final was rescheduled, after you already had everything worked out and were ready to take it. I would have skipped the other class too.

Good luck!

ModernDayDrifter said...

Thanks for the positive thoughts! I appreciate it! :)

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Your mother will be in my prayers. And look to your own blood pressure, too. What with that no-show professor, you need a vacation. But life seldom gives those out to us.

Roland

AmazingGraceTX said...

Hugs to both you and your mom. I hope she's feeling better soon. She's very blessed to have you for a daughter. love you, talk to you soon,
Loriann

Talli Roland said...

My goodness, sounds like quite the week. I'm glad your mum is doing better and that you've got your Internet fixed!