BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Soundtrack To Your Life

I've been browsing through a lot of music recently and got to thinking about soundtracks to movies/TV. It brought up a question.... What would be the soundtrack to your life? What songs would be included that can sum up past events as well as things in the present?

It's so hard to just think up a few songs, especially one specific one that could include everything. A few that come to mind instantly are:

1. The Dance - Garth Brooks
2. The Outsiders - Needtobreathe
3. Battlefield - Jordin Sparks
4. Life Ain't Always Beautiful - Gary Allan
5. Someday - Pete Yorn
6. Let It Be - Beatles
7. High Cotton - Alabama
8. Devil Town - Tony Lucca
9. Modern Day Drifter - Dierks Bentley
10. Respect the Wind - Van Halen
11. That Girl is a Cowboy - Garth Brooks
12. She's Like Texas - Josh Abbott Band


Those are just a few I can think up at the moment. If I kept at this, I'd have a crazy list of songs that went on and on. These songs I have just found myself able to relate to. A lot mark chapters in my life that have passed or I am currently enduring. I think everyone can relate to the song, "The Dance".

So I ask, what do you think would be the soundtrack to your life?

3 comments:

Talli Roland said...

Let it Be - brilliant song!

Hm, soundtrack to my life: The Gambler? Seriosuly, no idea. I must ponder on that some more!

Arlee Bird said...

This sounds like it would be a good post that would fit in well with all of the music lists that I've been doing lately. Gonna have to think on this one. Might have to consist of some of the songs that I've written.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Arlee Bird said...

I posted my soundtrack today (Wed 6/30). Linked to your blog post. Some others showed an interest and I'm going to post a notice on Friday 7/2 of a "Soundtrack of Your Life" blogfest on Monday July 19th and once again I'm linking the concept to this post of yours.

Lee
Tossing It Out